Welcome to Cooljugator! We are a verb conjugator that makes conjugation easy, straightforward and smart. Try us out:
Cooljugator is free online verb conjugator which works in over 40 languages.
Cooljugator provides conjugated forms, examples, English translations, transcriptions, stressed forms or pronunciation hints, related verbs and a quick search that allows entering any form in both the target language and English. We are aiming to be the Internet's go-to resource for grammar across many languages!
Yet Cooljugator is still a work in progress. You can find out a lot more about how Cooljugator was started, where it is currently at and what we plan to achieve in the about us page.
Also please read more about our mission and about the latest release of Cooljugator on our blog.
What is verb conjugation?
Verb conjugation is the modification of verbs from their basic forms. Conjugation is affected by a range of things, including:
- person (the verb changes depending on the person it is referring to, e.g. 'I do', but 'she does'),
- number (one or multiple people, e.g. 'she sees' versus 'they see'),
- gender (the verb changes based on the gender of the person that verb is referring to; such a feature exists in many languages, including Slavic or Semitic ones),
- tense (whether the action happened in the past, is happening now or will happen in the future, e.g. 'I will go', 'I went', etc.),
- aspect (it relates the verb to the flow of time; for example, 'I am writing' and 'I write' are both present tense verbs but they have different aspects),
- voice (indicates the actor - for example, passive or active, e.g. 'they are writing' versus 'they are being written'),
- mood (which indicates the attitude of the speaker to what is being said - for example, it could be the imperative mood for commands like 'go!' or indicative for statements, etc.).
In Cooljugator, we try to provide you as many of these verb features as possible, although at the same time we also try to focus on the most important ones, the ones that you are more likely to immediately put to use.
Cooljugator has a lot of further aids to help you not only look up the correct form, but to also understand why it is the correct form and how the verb forms relate to each other. See the translations, usage examples, and related verbs.
Thank you for using Cooljugator!